Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Life Is Short!



 
Life is short!


I've been saying that a lot.  But really, if you think about it, Life IS short!


We are merely here on Earth for a lifetime.  For some it may be decades, for others a whole lot shorter.  Even if you live to be a 100 years old; in the grand scheme of things, that is a short amount of time.


If you love someone, truly love someone, you'd want to spend an eternity with that person, not merely 100 years.


If you want to make a difference in the world - perhaps help bring about peace and clean up the Earth, then 100 years wouldn't be enough.  There's so much to do and change takes time.


But really, life is short, because we are not meant to stay on Earth forever.  We are merely here temporarily - on a mission. 


Aren't we supposed to be preparing for our eternal life in Heaven?  And, of course, being human that's a pretty tough job.  We aren't perfect; we make many mistakes. So we need to continually strive to do better. Now. Today and everyday.


We need to realize that we do not have the luxury of making mistakes now to fix later.  We do not have the luxury of doing all the great things later.  We have to do our best now.


I think some people mistakenly think that because Life is short, that they should do whatever they want now.  Enjoy Life without a care in the world.


Not quite...


Yes, enjoy Life...  That part is fine.  Enjoy Life!  But we also need to remember to enjoy Life responsibly!


We have to remember our mission, our responsibilities, our duties.  To help others, to make a difference, to try our best to make the world a better place. 


And I'm saying this to myself just as much as to you all - actually maybe even more to myself.  I'm trying to motivate myself to find that job that will help me make a difference.  Trying to find a way for me to contribute to the world.  I'm also trying my best to fulfill my everyday roles well.  Trying to be a good mom, a good wife, a good friend...


I often make mistakes, but I try my best.


Because as much as I enjoy having fun and basking in the glow of Life, I also want my stay here on Earth to mean something.  Don't you?


Life IS short; let's enjoy it, but let's also strive to make it meaningful and productive!  


 






2 comments:

  1. i heard on WMBI radio yesterday: don't seize the day, seize eternity. we must use this lifetime to prepare for eternity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, VB_BG, you are absolutely right! We must use our time now to prepare for eternity by helping others, making sure our conscience is clear of any wrong doings... We can still enjoy each day; but we have to remember that we have a higher purpose and that is to ensure our souls/spirits are ready for eternity.
      Thank you for your comment!

      Delete