Wednesday, August 10, 2016

What Matters



 
This morning, my daughter surprised me with a flower she made out of a lollipop and a note that said "I love u Mommy!" 


This act of love and affection could not have arrived at a more appropriate time.  I was feeling a bit discouraged and having a moment of self-doubt and anxiety.


But seeing my 7-year-old daughter smile at me with such love truly made me feel better.  It made me remember what really matters to me. 


It was just the jolt I needed to get up from the hole of self-pity that I had fallen in.


I have a daughter that believes in me and depends on me.  I need to be strong and brave for her.  I need to be strong and brave for her sisters, for my husband, for myself.

Minor setbacks are just that. Minor setbacks.  They can be overcome.  Major setbacks can also be overcome. 


Like that church bulletin had written on its cover, "Fear is useless, trust is needed."

Have a little faith, Barbara.


Everything will be alright. 

No comments:

Post a Comment