Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Navy Pier Family Fun For Under 30 Bucks!!!

If you're a parent like me who's on a budget but whose kids want to do fun things, then you just might shake your head at the suggestion of Navy Pier.  Parking alone can cost an arm and a leg.

But what if I told you that you can go to Navy Pier and have some fun for under $30?

Yes, you can!  I just did so with my 3 girls today.  We were able to ride the new Ferris wheel twice (for FREE both times) and we also got to do some other fun stuff.

All I spent was $28 for parking.  I know that's an outrageous price, but everything else was free.

You could do it for even less.  My husband was supposed to drop us off, so we didn't have to pay for parking.  But I overslept.  By the time I woke up, he was already snoring away (he works nights).  I didn't have the heart to wake him up.

So yeah, if you can ask someone to drop you off, you can save on parking.  Or you can take public transportation.

If you want to ride the new Ferris Wheel - aka the Centennial Wheel - you have to be there just before 10 a.m., though.  So if you're planning on taking public transportation, leave early.

Navy Pier is giving out FREE Ferris wheel rides for one more day - on Tuesday, August 23rd, but only from 10 a.m. until noon.

And don't worry, the lines are nothing like Jollibee's lines!

If you or your kids have not ridden the new Ferris Wheel yet, this is the perfect opportunity.  Normally, adults have to pay $15 and children cost $12.  But hey, hey, hey, this time it will be FREE!
You gotta love that!

And the view...  Absolutely gorgeous! 
From the top, at 196 feet, you can admire Chicago's, beautiful skyline as well as the seemingly-endless Lake Michigan.

After the Ferris wheel ride, do not leave yet!  There's lots to see and the parking fee is for ALL-DAY, so enjoy the rest of the day at Navy Pier!

You might want to check out the Crystal Gardens, just a few steps from the Centennial Wheel.  My girls enjoy the dancing leapfrog fountains.  I like the tropical atmosphere with the palm trees and tropical plants like the beautiful hibiscus flowers. 
This would be a good place to eat your packed lunch.  Yes, pack a lunch, because the food here is pretty pricey.  But if you're willing to spend a few more bucks, there are many choices for food in the food court downstairs at the 1st level.

And they even have ICE CREAM!!!

After feeding your hungry children, you can start walking around.  

My girls wanted to go to the Chicago Children's Museum gift shop first.  Lots of cool stuff there.  Hopefully, your kids are like mine - content to browse and play with the toys without asking to buy anything.

I myself really wanted this shirt. But I was "good" and didn't ask anyone to buy it for me.  

I didn't ask for this half pen holder, either.

Another one of my girls' favorite shops there is the Build-A-Bear Workshop.  They love to check out the new stuffies.
There are other shops and stands that feature other interesting things.  My girls had fun with the emoji pillows.  

If you get sick of being indoors, you can head outside and walk around on the outer deck of Navy Pier.  The view is gorgeous.  And walking around with the breeze from the lake is quite relaxing.

Or if we're being realistic, the kids would probably be running around.  But hey, you could still walk leisurely and enjoy the view.

Life is short; enjoy it and enjoy your family.


 






No comments:

Post a Comment